I still do not have my usual appetite back so I am trying to lay low and just listen to my body. I was soo glad to get back into the gym yesterday to teach a toning class and I kicked my own butt! I am very sore this morning and I LOVE it.
I woke up this morning feeling pretty lethargic from being sick, so I snuggled with Brooklyn and relaxed.
I then decided doing BodyFlow would be my best bet to stretch out my sore muscles.
and yes indeed it did. Bodyflow always does the trick!
When you don't feel like working out do some stretching or yoga. It will help, trust me!
Planning out your workouts also helps.
- I always plan to stretch or do bodyflow after I run or lift.
It helps stretch the muscles you just worked and will help with relieve the tightness.
- NEVER lift the same muscle group back to back days. You need at least 24 hours in between to help rebuild that muscle back up.
- I personally try to run every other day unless it is a short run. Anything over 4 miles I will take off from running the day after, it just helps relieve those running muscles and helps to not overtrain them (injury prevention)
- The best way to get in shape is CROSS TRAINING! Running, biking, swimming, hiking, walking, yoga, lifting, sports.
You choose a couple of your favorites and rotate them! Plan it on your calendar and get to it.
- I personally write down what I am going to do each day of the month every month (although I am flexible to change it) It just helps me visualize the schedule that I want to have.
HOW DO YOU PLAN??
Since I am still not feeling my usual self I stuck with a plain bagel again for breakfast.
Trying to work my appetite back up!
The weekend is here already and Christmas has come and gone....
How are you spending the weekend? Writing goals for the new year?
or PLANNING out your workouts ;)
We are spending some quality time with Uncle Cory (my husbands best friend)! He is in town for a wedding and staying with us.